My boys love blueberries. I love making blueberry treats. Our family has been going through several pounds at a time.
After making my blueberry cheesecake, I got a hankerin’ for blueberry custard pie. I knew it wouldn’t be difficult to come up with a gluten-free and sugar-free recipe! I was right.
This recipe is easy to make and likely won’t last long in your refrigerator. What are your favorite blueberry treats? Have you found a way to make them healthy?
2 cups almond flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/8 teaspoon pure stevia extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup cream
1/2 cup xylitol
1/4 teaspoon pure stevia extract
1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon tapioca starch
3 1/2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the almond flour, baking soda, salt, and stevia in a small bowl.
- In another bowl whisk together melted butter, egg, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Press the dough into a 9 inch deep dish pie pan.
- Whisk together the egg and cream in a large bowl.
- Add the xylitol, stevia, and tapioca starch and mix until well combined.
- Place the blueberries in the crust and pour the custard over top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the custard is set.
- Refrigerate for 1+ hours. Top with homemade whipped cream and enjoy!